What is Bulletproof Coffee?
What is Bulletproof Coffee?
Bulletproof Coffee is not your average latte.
It’s a high-performance drink that has a massive impact on your energy and cognitive function. Bulletproof Coffee has helped everyone from driven CEOs to professional athletes to busy parents increase their energy so they can do more of what fulfills them.
So, what’s in it?
- It all starts with the beans. Brew 1 cup (8-12 ounces) of coffee using filtered water with 2 ½ heaping tablespoons of freshly ground Bulletproof Coffee Beans. Use a French Press for ease of use and to preserve beneficial coffee oils that paper filters keep out.
- Add 1 teaspoon to 2 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil. You’ll learn much more about Brain Octane Oil below, but keep in mind that this stuff is powerful. Start with 1 teaspoon per cup and work your way up to 1-2 tablespoons over several days.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of grass-fed, unsalted butter or grass fed ghee. You read that right. It says butter. Don’t worry. This mixture also makes the creamiest, most delicious cup of coffee you’ve ever had. Oh, and make sure your butter is unsalted. Salty coffee is gross.
- Mix it all in a blender for 20-30 seconds until it looks like a foamy latte.
Brain Octane Oil provides clean energy with no crash
Brain Octane is a staple of the Bulletproof Diet and a key ingredient in Bulletproof Coffee. It’s important because it raises fat-burning, brain-fueling molecules in your body called ketones. Brain Octane is a key ingredient for several reasons:
- Purity. Brain Octane is a purified form of medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) derived from 100% pure coconut oil. It’s then triple-distilled through earthen clay, so there are no solvent residues.
- Quality. Brain Octane is 100% American-made and held to Bulletproof’s strict quality standards.
- Taste. Brain Octane is also flavorless, odorless, and easy on your stomach, unlike some other MCT oils, which can give you what Bulletproof followers affectionately refer to as “disaster pants.” (See image below for a visual explanation.)
Why does it need to be that exact recipe?
Not all buttered coffee is created equal.
To get the real benefits of Bulletproof Coffee you have to use Bulletproof ingredients. There’s no decent substitute for mold-free coffee or Brain Octane Oil. Using instant coffee and coconut oil won’t cut it.
Don’t add sugar, either. Sugar, even in natural forms like honey or maple syrup, will affect your blood sugar levels and keep you from burning fat.
Additions like coconut oil or coconut cream won’t give you the energy that Brain Octane will. Here’s why each ingredient is so important:
Why cheap coffee makes you weak
The wrong coffee can sap you of your energy and actually make your brain slower. Source the best beans you can. You can do this by choosing beans that are:
- Single origin
- Small batch
- From high elevations
- Arabica beans (they’re less moldy!)
- Rainforest Certified
- Tested for mycotoxins and mold
Bulletproof Coffee Beans meet all of these standards.
Why you should use grass-fed butter
Grass-fed is the key. This is where the nutrients are. It’s also what gives the coffee its creamy consistency. And for those of you with a lactose or casein intolerance, try ghee, which has most of the casein and lactose removed.
Non-grass-fed butter simply does not contain the nutritional punch of grass-fed butter. Period.